- Accession Number:P31749
- Gene ID: 391
- Gene Symbol:AKT1, PKB, RAC
- Protein Name & Synonyms:RAC-alpha serine/threonine-protein kinase (EC 188.8.131.52) (Protein kinase B) (PKB) (Protein kinase B alpha) (PKB alpha) (Proto-oncogene c-Akt) (RAC-PK-alpha)
- Insulin Signaling
- mTOR Signaling
- PI3K-AKT Signaling
- The antibody pair provided in this kit recognizes human, mouse and rat Phospho-Akt (pSer473) + pan Akt.
- Number of Targets Detected:2
- Species Detected:Human, Mouse, Rat
- Compatible Sample Types: Cell & tissue lysates
- Design Principle:Sandwich-based
- Method of Detection:Colorimetric
- Quantitative/Semi-Quantitative: Semi-Quantitative
- Solid Support: 96-well Microplate
- Size:96-Well Strip Microplate Kit
- Simultaneously measure Phosphorylated protein and pan protein in one experiment (for normalization purpose)
- Screen numerous different cell lysates without performing a Western Blot analysis
- Minimal hands-on time, convenient, and non-radioactive material
- Pre-Coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Wash Buffer
- Anti-Phospho Antibody
- Anti-Pan Antibody
- HRP-Conjugated Secondary Antibody
- Streptavidin-Conjugated HRP
- Assay Diluent
- TMB One-Step Substrate
- Stop Solution
- Lysis Buffer
- Positive Control Sample
Other Materials Required:
- Distilled or deionized water
- 100 ml and 1 liter graduated cylinders
- Tubes to prepare sample dilutions
- Protease and Phosphatase inhibitors
- Precision pipettes to deliver 2 µl to 1 ml volumes
- Adjustable 1-25 ml pipettes for reagent preparation
- Benchtop rocker or shaker
- Microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Prepare all reagents and samples as instructed in the manual.
- Add 100 µl of sample or positive control to each well.
- Incubate 2.5 h at RT or O/N at 4 °C.
- Add 100 µl of prepared primary antibody to each well.
- Incubate 1 h at RT.
- Add 100 µl of prepared 1X HRP-Streptavidin to each well.
- Incubate 1 h at RT.
- Add 100 µl of TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent to each well.
- Incubate 30 min at RT.
- Add 50 µl of Stop Solution to each well.
- Read at 450 nm immediately.
Upon receipt, the kit should be stored at -20 °C. Please use within 6 months from the date of shipment. After initial use, Wash Buffer Concentrate (Item B), Assay Diluent (Item E), TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent (Item H), HRP-Streptavidin (Item G), Stop Solution (Item I) and Cell Lysate Buffer (Item J) should be stored at 4 °C to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. Return unused wells to the pouch containing desiccant pack, reseal along entire edge and store at -20 °C. Reconstituted Positive Control (Item K) should be stored at -70 °C.